Sunday 8 March 2020

Bully - A Poem


Bully

The biggest

The baddest
The meanest
The maddest

The kid who shares their sibling's clothes
Who arrives late most days
Has school dinners and never pays
Whose anger rises like Atlantic waves
The kid who nobody really knows

The biggest
The baddest
The meanest
The maddest

The saddest


Lord Mr Knowles

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My class has been writing poetry recently and I was compelled to jot down an earlier revision of this. I spent a lot of time until my late 20s playing in bands and writing songs over the years, so I used to be very comfortable writing poetry of sorts. I haven't found myself reaching for a pen and pad for such a long time, so this was a nice endeavour. I hope you enjoyed it, even if the theme isn't too sunny.


No comments:

Post a Comment